Welcome To MiNT LaND

Friday, August 20, 2004

Dead Poet Society

Anyone watch this film b4? This is really a nice and meaningful film. The background of this movie is America, 50s. It's leaded by Robin Williams. Robin William play a role of teacher named Professor Keating, in this film, he is an untraditional teacher and he ask to teach in a boy school. He teach with his own special teaching method. Unlike usual teacher, he don't like the books in his teaching, moreover he ask his student destroy and throw away the books. He teach history in the football field, the boys like sport. Before a student kick a ball, he is required to answer a history question or memory an history event. They are so enjoy!

They are so enjoy in their teaching and learning. Unfortunately, the headmaster, parent-teacher association are disagree with his "weird" teaching method. They think that is not teaching, they think Professor Keating is play a fool with these students, he is misleading the students. Therefore, the school decided to sack Professor Keating.

The students are sad about his leaving, but nothing they can do to make professor stay with them. During his teaching, he said to the boys "suck the marrow of life".

I like this phrase but I can only understand it superficial, unfortunately, I didn't apply this phrase in my life. Sometime, I wasting time in doing nothing, I irritated with my attitude toward life. I think I lost my light house in my life.

Hopefully, I will find it soon. May God bless those good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home